For the lack of a better mailinglist, I'm posting this to zope3-dev:

z3c.zalchemy is pretty cool, but the tons of bare except clauses make me a bit uneasy. When I see them, I wonder what this code is expecting to fail and why. Plus, there are no comments as to why a try/except was used in the first place.

I would offer my help if I knew enough about SQLAlchemy and what kind of things can go wrong in those cases. Either way, I'd feel better using and recommending zalchemy if it didn't have those bare except clauses...

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: