On 3/7/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Am I the only person here who immediately associated "link" with the
POSIX? Also, am I the only one who read "when possible" as "when on a
POSIX system where link is available", in other words, "when not on
Windows"? One starts to wonder...

NTFS does support hard links since version 5, which means Windows
2000+. It does not support hard links to directories though, only soft
links (which are called junctions or junction points). The version of
NTFS shipped with Vista supports hard links for directories I believe.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214