Christian Theune wrote:

Right. I'm not sure whether I missed anything, but I don't quite have
your whole use case on my radar.

The use case is basically that people can use Zope 3 off-line, working on an SVN checkout. They then commit (through a UI) their changes, and resync with the central repository. This means that SVN is going to change data on the filesystem.

Blobs have the advantage that they can assume to be the only source of
changes to the physical storage location.

Having changes to a (cached) data structure from the outside is always

Indeed. It's central to the use case though. Anyway, I hope that this is solvable with some inspection of SVN logs.