Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

I think we need some tools for this first. something that allows us to say: for packages x, y, and z do the following: Create a tag, change setup.py, and then create the egg. If we do not have this tool, every release will be a
major pain.

For 3.4, such a tool would certainly be cool because this will be the first time we'll be releasing lots of eggs at pretty much the same time. The question is whether it will also be the last time :).

Please see my script that I posted in this thread. It does exactly what Stefan is asking for. It's just a straightforward bash script, I'm sure it could be generalised more and made more robust, but it's worked well for me over two Plone pre-releases managing about 12 eggs.

Martin