Hi Martin. Cheeseshop does this already. You can see how a nice overview page is constructed by putting readme.txt with readme.txt release notes in setup.py as restructured text. This is available on some zope packages but also the zif packages on pipy.

See zif.headincludes in the cheeseshop as an example of how this works for a nice web page explaining the package.

I am not sure why there are two resources for obtaining eggs myself, not sure if it is because pipy gets busy. Should the default be pipy or will this slow buildouts? Maybe all packages could be put there in any case even if primary dependency link for zope packages is download.zope.org. Maybe this just adds to the headache of releases to have more than a single location.

pipy already has the infrastructure for some proper searching and management for package maintainers - so not sure that the wheel needs to be invented. Actually, I thought the way this was all going to unfold was with the ZF website which I think is still being worked on. Many thanks.

Regards,
David

Martijn Faassen wrote:
Hi there,

I'm interested in adding a dependency on z3c.widget, and in particular z3c.widget.tiny, in an application I'm available. In the svn checkins I see a comment by dobe saying:

buildout and egg, clean imports

This implies to me there might be an tgz that buildout/easy_install can use available somewhere. But where? I cannot find it in the cheeseshop, nor in download.zope.org/distribution.

Is it available somewhere else? Or should I upload a version of it myself?

Regards,

Martijn

P.S. Visibility of Zope 3 extensions would be increased greatly if we could have an overview page per extension on zope.org somewhere. It would of course include the canonical download link as well. I think we can accomplish this relatively quickly with a fairly low-tech project, but we need a volunteer. Anyone?