On the basis that eggs spell out dependencies, I am thinking the inclusion of packages and their dependencies should be enough to dictate the sequence of inclusion for package configuration (and creation of the site.zcml) for the app buidout recipe. This could be a option to the current manual configuration.

Presumably, the reason folks would use this recipe is to configure one or more of the same app. I know attempting to do this manually is prone to errors if packages are not in the correct sequence or if you miss the configuration of a package. Any thoughts on this. Many thanks.