Hi there,

We have various people in the community who produce eggs in large quantities (Baiju, Christian Theune). These frequently get uploaded to download.zope.org/distribution.

We currently have the problem that removing an egg (if uploaded by mistake) is not possible for the community. This is important if we upload eggs with the wrong version number, for instance.

In addition, community members also cannot go in and fix permission problems, something Christian ran into recently. I think he fixed this by uploading a new egg with different permissions, but still that's a bother.

Would it be possible to give community members shell access to the distribution directory? If not, would it be possible to move towards a community-run download.zope.org instead, so that we *can* give people access? We have a virtual server sitting around at Amaze that would be fine for this purpose, for instance.