On Apr 24, 2007, at 10:04 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Would it be possible to give community members shell access to the distribution directory?

Not in general. I'd be willing to give a few people I know that access. That is probably the best short-term solution.

If not, would it be possible to move towards a community-run download.zope.org instead, so that we *can* give people access? We have a virtual server sitting around at Amaze that would be fine for this purpose, for instance.

That would be nice. It should be a dedicated server, to limit access to other facilities and key management is likely to be an issue.

The current situation is not ideal in a number of ways.

In the long run, I'd like to see something like PyPI or out classic products mechanism that provided greater control that the current system and was less cumbersome that PyPI or our products area.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714