On Apr 27, 2007, at 10:15 AM, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Tres Seaver wrote:
One example of such an implementation would be an optional, lxml- based
directive which uses the native structure of the ZCML file and XPath.
E.g. to include only adapters from a package ::
  <select package="my.package" file="configure.zcml">
The XPath processor would need to be passed the current namespace
mapping here, if we want to select items from the non-default namespace. Otherwise, this would function pretty much like the 'include' directive
(it might even use that diretive's handler under the hood).
With an egg-based story, we can more easily use stuff which depends on a third-party library like lxml; folks who can't install lxml just lose
this feature.

In general, I don't like relying on the syntactic structure of ZCML files for this. I'd prefer to have a semantic of configuration actions and a way to disable them.

If this can be a quick fix that helps people, so be it, but I think a way to manipulate configuration actions from Python code is a better overall approach.

I agree.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714