hm, the problem here is that with this approach we end up having eggs with different version numbers and exactly the same code in it

it would then be better to have such a meta-egg but with deps like zope.interface-1.1, ....

so the zope release would be something like a linux distribution, with different versions of deps.

so for 3.4 this would be too early, because it will not be a egg release, but don't think that it is a good idea to have the same version number for every egg.

regards, bernd