the buildout of zope.app.apidoc and some other packages is currently

A potential candidate causing this is zope.event. As soon as buildout
says "picked zope.event==...." the python process goes to 100% CPU and
stays there until I kill it.

strace doesn't tell anything, but I don't have a Python with debugging
symbols installed which I will do right now to find out where this