On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 04:44:41PM +0200, Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote:
> But as system maintainer I like to keep things simple. I do not want
> similar trees of python installations all over the place if it can
> be avoided.

You're not alone:)

I too much prefer to use system packages as much as possible to install
software on production servers. There are quite a few reasons why things
like buildout just don't do it for me. Mostly it's because my
requirements are different from the people who want to use buildout.

But then, I like eggs a lot as well, because the changes they are
causing in the way people develop in python is making life easier for
system packagers :)

Brian Sutherland