On 5/23/07, Stephan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This solution would not be fully backward-compatible with people including
package "configure.zcml" files manually. I think this is okay, since people
often do not even want the browser stuff.

That's hard to predict; some do, some don't, I don't know where "most"
happens to fall.

A fully backward solution would be to put all the generic package
configuration in a new ZCML file and combine them both in "configure.zcml".
However, I find that solution very undesirable, so I hope noone will like it
either. :-)

I don't like that, but I don't think it's avoidable.

I would like to get this change started as soon as possible to make it work
for Zope 3.4. If noone objects, I will start with this in a few days.

3.4 is never going to be released, is it?  That might bother some
people (though not me).