On Wednesday 23 May 2007 11:07, Fred Drake wrote:
> On 5/23/07, Stephan Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This solution would not be fully backward-compatible with people
> > including package "configure.zcml" files manually. I think this is okay,
> > since people often do not even want the browser stuff.
> That's hard to predict; some do, some don't, I don't know where "most"
> happens to fall.

Thinking about it more, it would actually be backward-compatible, since we
never released the packages in themselves but always as part of the Zope 3
bundle. Also, even the packages that are not hooked in via zope.app.zcmlfiles
are added via the automated SETUP.cfg stuff. At least this is the official
story right now. :-)

> > A fully backward solution would be to put all the generic package
> > configuration in a new ZCML file and combine them both in
> > "configure.zcml". However, I find that solution very undesirable, so I
> > hope noone will like it either. :-)
> I don't like that, but I don't think it's avoidable.

I hope it is avoidable with the above insight.

> 3.4 is never going to be released, is it?  That might bother some
> people (though not me).

Really? That would be a pitty, because it would allow us to have one release
with the old and the new way, so the first people can migrate.

Stephan Richter