On May 31, 2007, at 1:59 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

Hi Jim and other zc.zope3recipes experts,

I have had some reports from Windows users that the z3c.formdemo -- which is built with zc.zope3recipes -- is not working on Windows. The reported error
was as follows:

The instance recipe should advertise that it only works on Windows, because it is based on zdaemon. I tend to forget that zdaemon doesn't work on Windows. :/

This isn't easy for *me* to fix because I don't have enough Windows foo. I'd be happy to work with someone who knew Windows well, especially services (or other long-running process options, if any). If anyone like that is going to be at the sprint at the upcoming DZUG meeting, I'd be very happy to work with them there.

A partial fix that only supports the ctl 'fg', 'run', and 'debug', commands should be fairly easy, although I'm a bit hesitant without understanding how we might want this to work in the long run.

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org