Roger Ineichen wrote:
Hi Jürgen

Betreff: [Zope3-dev] publisher performance

With this new version I also measured the time with zope as a trunk checkout (no eggs involved).
The publisher is now twice as fast as it was before !

I'm writing this just to show everyone what can happen if not enough care is taken in really critical parts inside the zope core. newInteraction is called exactly once for each request but was taking 50% of the time (without eggs) for the publisher.

What do you mean with and without eggs? Do you mean the
flat dotted page name structure used in eggs? Does the egg package structure perform different in some way? Or do you mean something else?

With "without eggs" I mean I used a trunk checkout for zope.

With eggs I mean I use the eggified packages from zope.