On Jul 5, 2007, at 8:46 AM, Baiju M wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:

 I originally wanted $Id$ RCS keywords in module doc strings so that
 we could create tools that determined run-time version information.
 Unfortunately, subversion makes using this a bit difficult, as it
 doesn't update this information by default.

If you add the following lines to svn configuration (~/.subversion/ config) ,
all new Python files will get that property.

enable-auto-props = yes
*.py = svn:keywords=Id # enable id for Python files

Right. Many of us have that, but it's hard to get everyone to set that up on every machine they use.

CTO                             (540) 361-1714