Stephan Richter wrote:
Having said that, I think a Zope 3 meta egg would be a good start towards documenting how to build a Zope 3 application using eggs. Also, packages like z3c.formdemo give further help.

I'll look into creating such a thing.

Another final issue I see here are the problems we are having with the cheeseshop. I don't think it is ready for the Zope crowd yet. While I think that is used to get the packages, I have found that buildout comes to a halt when the cheeseshop is not working.

It's possible to use zc.buildout (and setuptools as well, if I'm not mistaken) without accessing the cheeseshop. We set up some of our product buildouts that way. We could do something similar for the buildouts.
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer
Zope Corporation