On 05.07.2007, at 16:35, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
There's a question below that I want opinions on, so I'm forwarding this note here that I sent to the distutils-sig. I'd prefer answers there, but I'll take them here. Specifically: Should I make it the default policy for buildout to prefer final releases? I think this is the right thing to do in the long run, however, it will cause buildouts that implicitly use non-final eggs to be downgraded. This will cause some pain until people make adjustments.

+1 to making 'prefer-final = true' the default

+1 too

"Simple is better than complex."
  -- The Zen of Python, by Tim Peters

Jodok Batlogg, Lovely Systems
Schmelzhütterstraße 26a, 6850 Dornbirn, Austria
phone: +43 5572 908060, fax: +43 5572 908060-77