Am Sonntag, den 08.07.2007, 11:31 -0400 schrieb Stephan Richter:
> On Sunday 08 July 2007 10:02, Christian Theune wrote:
> > Log message for revision 77624:
> >   More work on bug 98287: Introduced an event to signal that an object
> > value is going to be assigned.
> Ahh, this is crazy! Why would zope.schema depend on zope.event, which depends
> on zope.component (if not by package, certainly by functionality)?

Because triggering an event seems to be a good way to separate concerns.
This field is setting the value and I find this pattern comparable to
what happens when you stick an object into a container which notifies
about an ObjectAddedEvent.

> Please revert. The solution is to rip out setting the value from within the
> field
> altogether.

Humm. Ripping out setting the value from within the field doesn't make
sense to me. The field is the only demonitator between and
zope.schema that I could find to make this happen reliably and IMHO
without hacking.