On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 02:13:46PM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Fred Drake wrote:
> > On 7/11/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Right, I made the same assumption: the eggs have been set free,
> >
> > Right.  No need to hold all the developers hostage to a release model
> > we've been working to get away from.
>
> Please don't discount the risks such an escape entails:  in particular,
> the "balkanization" of the source tree creates both technical risks
> (developers in one of the satellites may not pay enough heed to the
> needs of their dependents), and branding risks (the "known good"
> / quality management issue).

This sounds like the job that Linux distributions are doing: taking
multiple packages that depend on each other in arbitrary ways,
integrating them and releasing the whole after it's been tested and
seen to work together.

Marius Gedminas
--
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed
to be doing at the moment.