On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 02:13:46PM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Fred Drake wrote:
> > On 7/11/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Right, I made the same assumption: the eggs have been set free,
> >
> > Right.  No need to hold all the developers hostage to a release model
> > we've been working to get away from.
> Please don't discount the risks such an escape entails:  in particular,
> the "balkanization" of the source tree creates both technical risks
> (developers in one of the satellites may not pay enough heed to the
> needs of their dependents), and branding risks (the "known good"
> / quality management issue).

This sounds like the job that Linux distributions are doing: taking
multiple packages that depend on each other in arbitrary ways,
integrating them and releasing the whole after it's been tested and
seen to work together.

Marius Gedminas
Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed
to be doing at the moment.
                -- Robert Benchley