Jim Fulton wrote:
On Aug 20, 2007, at 2:18 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:

On Aug 20, 2007, at 2:02 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
I'm about to make a new release of zc.buildout that uses a different policy for selecting distributions. In particular, by default, zc.buildout will now prefer final distributions over non-final ones. If there are final and non-final distributions that satisfy a requirement, buildout will, by default, select a final distribution even if there are non-final distributions that satisfy a requirement. This release will cause many existing buildouts to use older distributions than they do now. You can change this behavior by providing a prefer-final buildout option:
   [buildout]
   prefer-final = false
How will this be versioned?
It is 1.0.0b29.

(The buildout version numbers are a bit of a mess, as I was overoptimistic when I made the initial "beta" release. Hm, maybe I should start using "e"s. These could be eek release. ;)

It'd be helpful if it were a different major (or at least minor) version than the current one, to make it easier for people to stick with a version that has the policy they normally use.
Maybe I should have, but the release is out of the barn.

If this ends up causing too much pain, I could back this out by making a "b30" release with the old policy, although, I'd rather not.

No, I'm wrong, I'm going to back these changes out with a b30 release and then release them with a 2x release.

Thanks. :)

b29?

/me recalls ICQ

Martin