On 2007-08-22 16:12:42 +0200, Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

On Aug 22, 2007, at 8:16 AM, Christian Zagrodnick wrote:

Hi,

I'm doing things wich z3c.zalchemy and trying to find out why my database connections are kept open even after unregistering everything.

Given the following very simple test:

import sys
import zope.component
import zope.interface
class IUtil(zope.interface.Interface):
...     pass

gsm = zope.component.getGlobalSiteManager()
utility = object()
sys.getrefcount(utility)
2
gsm.registerUtility(utility, IUtil)
sys.getrefcount(utility)
6

gsm.unregisterUtility(utility, IUtil)
True
sys.getrefcount(utility)  # this fails
2

File "/Users/zagy/development/z3c.zalchemy/src/z3c/zalchemy/tests/ dispose.txt", line 17, in dispose.txt
Failed example:
   sys.getrefcount(utility)  # this fails
Expected:
   2
Got:
   4

So there are now two more references than before register/ unregister. Am I missing something? Or is it leaking somewhere?

Here's what I get with the trunk of zope.component:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/p/zope/component/trunk$ bin/py

 >>> import sys, zope.component, zope.interface
 >>> class IUtil(zope.interface.Interface): pass
 >>> gsm = zope.component.getGlobalSiteManager()
 >>> utility = object(); sys.getrefcount(utility)
2
 >>> gsm.registerUtility(utility, IUtil); sys.getrefcount(utility)
5
 >>> gsm.unregisterUtility(utility, IUtil); sys.getrefcount(utility)
True
2

So I can't reproduce what you are seeing.

Try adding:

    >>> import gc; gc.collect()

before your last getrefcount call.

That doesn't change a thing. Could it be the testrunner having an eye on registrations?

--
Christian Zagrodnick

gocept gmbh & co. kg  ·  forsterstrasse 29 · 06112 halle/saale
www.gocept.com · fon. +49 345 12298894 · fax. +49 345 12298891