On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 05:19:45PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> [snip]
>> Doing another checkout of the tag will create a significant overhead to
>> the release process of a package.
> I'd like to highlight this. We need to be careful we don't increase release
> overhead too much, otherwise it won't happen/people will make mistakes.

Reducing overhead is why I proposed an automated tool.

To put it in perspective, I believe the proper sequence of things is

  1. keep doing stuff so you learn (from mistakes and whatnot) what
     needs to be done

  2. document the process because (1) you'll forget what you learned,
     and (2) other people won't know what you learned

  3. automate, because following a long process by hand is boring, and
     bored people make mistakes.

Marius Gedminas
I would suggest re-naming "rmbdd()". I _assume_ that "dd" stands for "data
dependent", but quite frankly, "rmbdd" looks like the standard IBM "we
lost every vowel ever invented" kind of assembly lanaguage to me.
                -- Linus Torvalds