Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
I've been using zope3 as a wsgi app, without a zodb. it bypasses the zodb publishing traversal via replacement of the published application, all of which can be managed in zcml.

One issue I've run into is configuring an app through zope.conf forces you to have an open zodb, because of the required attribute in zope.app.appsetup schema.xml

Allowing zope3 usage without a zodb attached, is basically a one line fix here. Would there be any objections to removing it?

Why do you still need zope.conf if you don't need ZODB? I mean, there isn't really much else left if you take away the ZODB configuration.