Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:

Ivo van der Wijk wrote:
What I currently do is:

Derive from Folder and SiteManagerContainer, and in the __init__ do
the following:

       self.setSiteManager(LocalSiteManager(self))
       ## required for getUtility to work within this request
       setSite(self)

(actually I'm doing this from an event handler, but it should just
work from __init__ afaik)

Thanks!

I'm doing so now from a event handler too instead of from the add view.

Doing this in the __init__ didn't work, since at that time there appears not to
be enough context for creating a LocalSiteManager.

We wrote a little initializer package that should support such usecases.
svn://svn.tiks.org/repos/Tiks/trunk/src/tiks/initializer

- see README.txt for details

If anybody is interested we could extend that package and move it to the zope 3 repository

Regards,
Dominik Huber