Florian Lindner wrote:
is it possible to let the user enter the name of a object (the __name__ attribut) in forms that are auto generated from schema data (via the addform directive)?

Florian, this is a question about using Zope 3, so please continue this discussion on zope3-users (I'm cc-ing zope3-users).

Now for your problem:

* Containers manage the names of objects, not the objects themselves

*  __name__ is just a convention of the location/contained machinery.

* Container name choosers can choose names for your object when you *add* it to the container. Name choosers don't play a role in edit forms. If you would like an example of a Name Chooser adapter, please refer to the examples in my book (they're downloadable on worldcookery.com).

* If you want to rename the object from within an edit form, you want to introduce a second schema that looks just like the object's schema but has an additional __name__ field (TextLine() with the appropriate constraints regarding special characters like '/' etc.). In an adapter from that schema to your actual schema you can do the renaming according to changes of __name__. Note that the form redirects the browser to itself (I think) which won't work anymore.