Hello,
I want to update user preferences from a ZPT. The user should hit "Update" and
get redirected to the same page with the updates values.

I've tried a form

<form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" tal:attributes="action
view/@@absolute_url">

<input class="textType" id="UserSettings.email" name="UserSettings.email"
size="20" type="text" tal:attributes="value
context/++preferences++/UserSettings/email" />

<input type="submit" name="UPDATE_SUBMIT" />

This was pasted from the site the preferences package autogenerates. It works
so far, but changing fields have no effect.

Do I need to use a view class?

Which attribute do I use to update the preferences? What is the best way to
redirect or directly output the template the view class is associated with?

Thanks,

Florian