Andreas Reuleaux wrote:
I would like to use utf-8 (latin-1) content in page templates like

What I would really like is the possibility of specifying the encoding when
registering the page:

Sounds right to me.  A similar option is needed in the PageTemplateFile and
ViewPageTemplateFile classes.

I have not tried yet to render the page from a view class (how would I do that?)

The browser:page directive creates a view.  If you want to
associate a class with that view, you can specify it with
a class attribute.

Am I missing something?

With regard to encoding, no.  I guess we just haven't needed
non-ascii character sets in page template sources up to now.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation