Sorry for the vague subject, but I wasn't sure how to summarize this.
It's not exactly a Zope question, but perhaps Zope has some tricks to
make it easier.

In a couple of situations, I want to have a collection of objects, and
allow users to select from those objects, and personalize them. The
way I was thinking about this was that I would have a second class of
objects that contained the additional properties as well as a property
containing the personalized object. This seems to be similar to the
way adapters operate. However, generally an adapter is created when
used, and discarded, correct? What is the recommended way to go about
this?

Hopefully that is enough information, and someone can confirm my speculations.
Thanks,

Alec Munro