Five 1.0.2 released!

The Five team is happy to release Five 1.0.2, a bugfix release for
Five 1.0.  The changes since Five 1.0.1 (Zope 2.8.0) are:

* Fixed some issues with bridged interfaces: Bases and Methods were not
  bridged correctly. extends() was never True.

* now behaves exactly like (in fact, the former now calls the
  latter through the indirection of Zope 3 security policies).

* Fixed a bug with resource directories.  Resources within those were
  not rendering their absolute URL correctly.

For more information please consult the _CHANGES document.

Five 1.0.2 can be downloaded here:

This version of Five will also be port of the upcoming Zope 2.8.1.

About Five

Five is a Zope 2 product that allows you to integrate Zope 3
technologies into Zope 2, today.  It allows you to use the following
parts of the Zope 3 component architecture within Zope 2:

* Zope 3 interfaces

* adapters

* pages (views), including skins, layers and resources

* edit and add forms, based on schemas

We've tried to keep the Five experience as close to Zope 3 as
possible, so this means that what you learn while using Five should
also be applicable to Zope 3.

More information about Five can be found on our website, here:

We hope you'll join our mailing list and let hear from yourself!

About the Zope 3 Base

Five is part of the *Zope 3 Base* project, which aims to offer an
approachable area for developers of Zope 3 related software. More
about the Zope 3 base and its projects can be found here: