Dear All,

I hope I have the right mailing list. Perhaps someone
can help me with a fairly basic question.

When I used Zope 2, I used the following idiom for
form submission.

Send http POST to Script(Python) or External Method,
which would then return a ZPT like this:
return context.myZPT(arg1=xyz, arg2=abc, etcetera). In
the ZPT, I could then access arg1, arg2 via the
'options' TAL name.

Now, I am getting along OK with Zope3. I understand
that the basic TAL namespaces available in a ZPT are
view, request and context.

As far as I can tell from documentation and examples,
POST requests are handled by the
self.request.response.redirect idiom. My problem with
this method is that it causes the instantiation of a
new view component, so I cannot hold state with the

I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me how I
can pass arguments to the rendered page template. I do
not wish to set attributes on the content/context
object as the form values from the POST request are
specific to the request. so I cannot hold state with
the 'context'.

I don't want to use cookies as the form has to work in
environments where cookies are disabled.

I tried searching the interface specification for
'request' to see if there was an analogue of the Zope2
request.setAttribute function, but could not find one.

Any help greatly appreciated,

snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos