On Jul 18, 2005, at 5:22 PM, John Smith wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone give me a few pointers how to use a schema
to auto generate a form that I can use in a view of a
content object?

If you are OK with running Python 2.4.1 and Zope 3.1, and ok with installing a third package, Zope Corp is now using
zope.formlib.  The primary doctest can be read here:

http://svn.zope.org/zope.formlib/trunk/src/zope/formlib/form.txt? view=auto

Otherwise, I'd look at Stephan and Philip's books for how to use zope.app.form. Both the new code (zope.formlib) and the older code (zope.app.form) can do what you want (i.e., auto-generate a form within a template that is not the ZMI).

Gary