On Aug 29, 2005, at 6:39 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:

On Monday 29 August 2005 02:32, Alen Stanisic wrote:

My self.request.locale object is set but seems to be wrong

str(self.request.locale.id) => <LocaleIdentity (en, None, US, None)>

while I'd expect it to be something like Australia/Sydney.

Is this a default locale?

No, your browser seems to be set incorrectly. Check your browser settings and
the HTTP-ACCEPTED-LANGUAGES header.

And FWIW, once you get your browser settings correct, for the timezone part of the locale database, en-* is all the same--that is, if my locale is en-US, I get all en* locations (including Casablanca, Tokyo, and other interesting locations). :-) I think you will too.

Gary