Hello,

I'm new to zope3 and have run into some questions using schemas. I have an interface defined called IMusicPlayer. It looks like the following:

class IMusicPlayer( Interface ):
   "A device that can play music"
   description= TextLine(
       title=u"description",
       description=u"Description of this music player.",
       default=u"",
       required=False)

I have 2 classes that implement this interface, a LocalMusicPlayer and a RemoteMusicPlayer. The constructors on these two classes differ.
class LocalMusicPlayer:
   implements(IMusicPlayer)
   "A music player on the local machine"
   def __init__( self, xmmsPath )

class RemoteMusicPlayer:
   implements(IMusicPlayer)
   "A music player on the local machine"
   def __init__( self, ipAddress )

I've been trying to use the browser:addForm zcml directive to auto generate forms to add these objects. How do (can I?) specify the additional arguments to the implementing classes without them actually being in the schema or must I define a schema for every single object?

Being able to add arbitrary fields on a form and using zcml to describe how they should be passed to a factory as argument would be a very powerful feature.

Thanks for your help,

Chris

--
Chris Lehmann