I'm trying to access a MySQL database through Zope3
but I keep getting an error about encoding:
"LookupError: unknown encoding: latin1_swedish_ci"
I've tried changing the encoding of the database and
the Zope connection object to utf8, among other
things, but nothing seems to work.
I'm using MySQL 4.1.14-nt, Zope-3.1.0c1 with
mysqldbda-1.0.0 installed, and Python 2.4.1.
I am able to connect to the database sucessfully afaik
because the USE statement seems to work (i.e., there
is no error). One thing I am wondering is if the
database adapter was installed correctly... all I did
was copy the mysqldbda directory to
C:\zopeinstance\lib\python and then added the file
Zope3-users mailing list