Gary Poster wrote:

Also, we will need to combine this with our security system - each
user will be able to edit objects that they are registered as the
owner of (probably with workflow constraints...). Is this possible
within the default zope security policy, or will I have to write a new
one (which is a daunting prospect!)

I think you will need to write your own, but won't be terribly surprised to learn I'm wrong. :-)

We have plans to release an alternate security policy that we have. Writing a new policy is not nearly as daunting as in Zope 2, at least from the perspective of someone who has looked at implementations in Zope 2 and Zope 3. That said, I understand the concern.

It's actually possible in Zope 3. :)

Note that in the Sharing policy that we'll be releasing (soon, I
hope), the sharing privilege is pretty darn close to ownership,
as we've discussed.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation