On Sep 30, 2005, at 7:17 PM, Alen Stanisic wrote:

My understanding was that your zapi.getUtility() was not finding your
catalog and that you had three parallel sites from which you were doing
the catalog look up and the catalog was only in one of them, accumac

I guess the success of the catalog look up depends on what your self.context is when you are doing zapi.getUtility(), i.e. where you are looking up the catalog from. I would expect your code to find the catalog when self.context is inside accumac site, but would not
expect the catalog to be found from inside the other two sites.

Okay, that's what I thought you were talking about. So, to clarify, I am not interesting in finding any content outside of the subs-sites; they are little units in and of themselves, and content searches take place only within the context of a subsite. The problem is (using a specific example) that the catalog in the subsite "accumac" is not being found. That's the one I want found, and only within the context of the accumac site itself. It *is* finding a catalog, though not the one I want. The one it is finding is at /++etc++site/default (and not /accumac/++etc++site/default).

Thanks for taking the time to understand :-)