Andreas Jung wrote:

Hi,

I am currently thinking about for a new version of PloneCollectorNG based on Zope 3. The currently implementation uses per-instances schemas (acquired from a parent object managing the schema). How would you do that in Zope 3?

I'm not sure what "that" is.  Surely PloneCollectorNG schemas are different
from Zope 3 schemas.  What is the important property of these schemas that
you want to retain?

- Is it important that the schemas be through-the-web?

- Is it important that the schemas be interfaces?  How
  are you using the schemas?  For example, do you want
  to do component dispatch on the schemas?

Another question: in Zope 3 we have FieldProperties that automatically handle setting and getting values. This implementation stores the values as instance attributes. What would be the recommended way to store attributes in a RDBMS instead inside the ZODB? By introducing a new RDBMSFieldProperty that handles the set/get methods in the same way as the FieldProperty implementation?

Possibly.  It depends on the RDBMS integration strategy.  If you
were using Ape, you'd probably use the existing field storage.

Jim