FYI:

I just downloaded and installed Zope 3.1 on another Gentoo box (with the same /etc/profile as the one depicted below). That (second) one worked without any issues whatsoever. The major differences between the two boxes is that the first box is using an Athlon64 chip (with Gentoo's amd64 installation), and the second box is an older Pentium III (using Gentoo's x86 installation).

This, of course, begs the question of some 64-bit compatibility issue.

I noticed that when it builds (using make) that a --skip-build parameter is included. Could the lack of that particular building be a problem?

Ron

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 08:47:49 -0500