On Saturday, October 08, 2005 8:28 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Monday 03 October 2005 21:46, Stéphane Brunet wrote:
>> Is it possible to strip down the Zope installation to the minimum ?
>
> Of course, you can do that. There are several packages that are not
> needed necessarily.
>
>> Does anyone experienced that yet ?

We use a very stripped down Zope 3. The only hardship I experienced was in
discovering some unexpected dependencies (I don't recall on what
unfortunately). You just need to work through it.

> Yep, though I usually do not subtract. You can try to remove
> dependencies from releases/Zope/DEPENDENCIES.cfg, build the release,
> and make sure all tests still run. If they do, success.

I would just remove what you don't need from the package include directory. But
that because I don't understand the packaging mechanism :)

 -- Garrett