FWIW, I consider interface tests to be a sucessful failure.
They were worth trying but are not really worth the bother
most of the time.  IMO, you should only consider them in a
case where you have an interface that you expect many implementations
of and you want to reuse tests accross the implementations.  Even then,
there's a danger that the necessary infrastructure to allow reuse will make
the tests unfathomable.

Jim

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez wrote:
Hi everybody,

while writing my first interface test I got to the point of writing the
makeTestObject method which should raise a not implemented error (so
implementations of this interace should override it)

In the Zope 3 book the method is like this:

def makeTestObject(self):
   raise NotImplemented()

but after playing a bit with the Python interpreter it says that
NotImplemented is not callable neither an exception.

Looking in some real zope3 tests I saw another version of the method:

def makeTestObject(self):
   raise NotImplementedError()

So I guess is a little bug in the Zope3 book. Or, Am I missing
something?

Regards

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez