twice in a day...  i'm on some kind of roll ;)

put zope3.1 behind apache for the first time, and i'm running into
some behavior i didn't expect.  nothing configured as a
browser:resource is coming through.  not zope's own css, js, or
images, not my own application's css and images...  the html generated
by the view on the content object comes through, but nothing else.  i
suspect it has to do with traversal, just because of the following
exception (plus the top info, just to show it's zope's own stuff as
well as mine):

Wed Oct 26 17:16:20 2005
admin, zope.manager, Manager,
Request URL
Exception Type
Exception Value
('publishTraverse', < object
at 0xb2b9de4c>)
TracebackTraceback (innermost last):
  Module zope.publisher.publish, line 135, in publish
     object = request.traverse(object)
  Module zope.publisher.browser, line 501, in traverse
     ob = super(BrowserRequest, self).traverse(object)
  Module zope.publisher.http, line 386, in traverse
     ob = super(HTTPRequest, self).traverse(object)
  Module zope.publisher.base, line 271, in traverse
     subobject = publication.traverseName(
  Module, line 56, in traverseName
     ob2 = ob.publishTraverse(request, nm)
ForbiddenAttribute: ('publishTraverse',
< object at 0xb2b9de4c>)

my httpd.conf virtual host directive is this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    ErrorLog logs/
    CustomLog logs/ common
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/agency_application(/?.*) \

can anyone see something I'm doing wrong, or has seen similar behavior maybe?
thanks as always,