Hi everyone,

with October winding down, the freeze on the trunk is coming quickly. So, if 
you have any outstanding work, now is the time to get it done. During the 
last week I have monitored the proposals and branches a bit and I think most 
people are done with their work. 

After Michael told me that WebDAV has to wait until 3.3., the only outstanding 
projects are:

- Dimitry (hdima): Merge the password manager branch. I know he is close, so I 
am not worried.

- Jim (J1m): Merge the new zope.testing framework. I am not worried about this 

- Stephan and other interested parties (srichter): Finish the static apidoc 
generator script. I don't know whether I will get done, because I have other 
things to do. The worst case scenario will be that there is no static apidoc 
for 3.2.

- Roger (projekt01): He mentioned to me that he will fix the Boston skin to 
the new content provider and viewlet APIs. Since I think that the Boston skin 
is very pretty and a good show case of the new APIs, I want to include it 
into the release, if the work is done on Tuesday.

Did I miss anyone? Now is the time to speak up!

Once the feature freeze is complete, I would like to keep the trunk frozen for 
about a month, so that the contribution bar for bug fixes remains as low as 
possible. And bugs we have plenty. As people start using Zope 3, we have had 
quiet a number of reports, some of which are really serious, like i18nextract 
being broken.

Thus I propose two bug days:

- Firday, November 4, 2005

- Friday, December 2, 2005

What do you guys think? Would people commit time on those days to the effort?

Stephan Richter
CBU Physics & Chemistry (B.S.) / Tufts Physics (Ph.D. student)
Web2k - Web Software Design, Development and Training
Zope3-users mailing list

Reply via email to