[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

What I would want to be further explained is: When should I call

validateInvariants?
Of course I would call it when I'm creating or editing the object. Then,
frequently, just after an add or edit form.
More: can I then use auto generated forms (by using events after the form,
but how?), or I just have do define a custom form?
And then: what do I do if the validation falils? How do I return the form,
possibly with an error message?

I feel these are genuine FAQs, and I still don't have answers for many of
them. Working through them at a steday pace, though ;)
Thanks for all your help, really.

Look at zope\formlib\form.txt. The formlib package is just great to customize your forms including validation etc.

Regards,
Domink
begin:vcard
fn:Dominik Huber