On Nov 30, 2005, at 12:49 PM, Chris McDonough wrote:

As we move towards another iteration, if I need to, while I'm writing code, I write evolution scripts that are capable of fixing ZODB data in place between milestone revisions of code. I happen to know exactly when I need to do this, because I've been working with ZODB for many years. Other developers working with me do the same.

Awesome email, Chris -- thanks for sharing!

In particular, I am tantalized by the paragraph above ;-) As I alluded in a previous post, this has been a very painful point for myself an other developers with whom I have worked. For one client, we used the CMFPlone.MigrationTool on a Zope2/Plone project where content addition was occurring throughout the development phase. I found the tool cumbersome and the whole process most painful and distasteful.

Do you employ an analogous tool or elegant manual approach for z3 projects? If you have no tool, have you guys compiled a best practices doc (informal or otherwise) whereby those of us inexperienced in these particulars could benefit?

Thanks!