Brad Allen wrote:
Meanwhile, the chapter in Philikon's book on persistence just shows how to create persistent classes and talks about how they work, but it doesn't say anything about how to insert an instance into ZODB.

Duncan McGreggor wrote:
It's done for you "automatically" -- when you click "add my page" on the ZMI menu (given that you have a content object called "my page"), it is inserted into the ZODB.

Yes, I learned that early on in the MessageBoard tutorial. But all the talk about doing automatic ZODB regeneration in the other thread implies the ability to create object instances in the ZODB at specified locations WITHOUT having to manually click for every single object instance.