I'm trying to understand how a sequence of pages is handled, as one example the IAdding (+) view.

I'm running into the TAL use of the terminology:

Both of those have much of the Zope interface look, just that /page drops the tabbar (I wish there were an easy way to drop the tree and
login name from /page too).

But then in CMF, seemingly using view/page to mean something else, I have:

And in the source, we have:

  "Named View w/o Pages"

  "Unnamed View w/Pages"

  "Named View w/Pages"

Obviously a page and a view are not the same thing, but something hierarchical. But is such a page still a "view component" or some appendage of a view?

For adding items:

Those are two real browser-pages, one for displaying the form to be filled in, and one for accepting that form and actually creating the item. And some benefit or sharing of data occurs by making those pages 'subviews' of the '+' view but I'm not sure what that benefit is, other than sharing a few ZCML directives.

And last, in such a sequence of pages, there must be a way to control the final destination or page displayed after creating that instance. One Zope 3 book mentions providing a nextURL() method on the view, but in the case of '+' that would require subclassing. Is there a less intrusive way?

Thanks for any pointers to where this is discussed,