Just wondering if anyone is currently or planning to produce any kind of ORM for Zope 3?

I'm representing some rows of SQL data as Zope 3 objects and find I need some kind of minimal layer. While I can issue SQL requests easily, in Zope3 when receiving, validating and storing an add/edit form, Zope3 wants to write to my object attributes one at a time. I tried hooking setattr and issuing UPDATEs for each attribute but its (a) slow and (b) some combinations violate my table constraints.

What I need is something that accumulates the setattr operations and hooks into the Zope3 transaction mechanism. Then when the commit occurs, turn those into one multi-column UPDATE operation per object modified. Something like a Persistence mix-in for SQL-backed data.

Or is there another approach people are using for RDB objects?