On Thursday 22 December 2005 18:48, Jeff Shell wrote:
> Other problems that I've had with Python based configuration in the
> past has involved not knowing when to do the configuration. Do I want
> to register the class I just defined in the module code?
>
> class Foo(...):
>     pass
> registerAsFooable(Foo)

Right, this is what twisted does and it makes it very hard to see what
components are available and where they come from. It also makes it
practically impossible to override components without getting into the
ordering mess you mentioned.

I also note that the code browser now supports looking at ZCML files. Not only
will it highlight the code for you, but also provide links to specified
components. I think this might be very helpful for people to discover the
system. ZCML is a great way of getting a quick overview on how things hang
together.

Regards,
Stephan
--